New units of Indian Rupee
Government of India has decided that the new units of money measurement are needed.
As part of globalisation, one unit which works best is $Bn. Makes it easier for all to benchmark against their local systems but for India another simpler system also emerges
New Units of Money
The huge amounts mentioned in the recent scams have an upside: they have given us convenient new units for communicating large figures:
New Indian Currency Units 1000 Crores = 1 Radia (10000000000 )
10 Radia = 1 Kalmadi (10000 Crores=100000000000)
10 Kalmadi = 1 Raja (1 lac Crores=1000000000000)
100 Raja = 1 Sonia (100000000000000)
This will make it easier for us tocomprehend and communicate large numbers.
* Anil Ambani’s new home in Pali Hill will cost Rs 4.5 Radias.
* India’s total annual subsidy on kerosene is Rs 2 Kalmadis.
* ONGC’s annual output is worth Rs 1.2 Rajas.
* India’s loss in the 3G scam is approximately Rs 1.7 Rajas.
* Poor Pramod Mahajan left behind only Rs 1.4 Radias.
* Indian corrupted people money savings in Swiss Bank is more than Rs 1 Sonia.